The following rules will be followed unless changes are agreed upon by the schools Athletic Directors in advance of the game.
Supplemental periods are provided to allow more participants to receive game time.
All coaches are expected to play as many participants as possible prior to the extra period. The supplemental period is for those participants who don’t receive adequate time in the previous periods.
• Two 30 minute halves will be played followed by two supplemental halves of 10 minutes.
• Four 8 minute periods with stop time will be followed by two 8 minute supplemental periods with stop time.
• Half time will be five minutes.
Baseball & Softball
• A batting order of more than 9 is permitted, up to 12 batters
• When a team runs through the entire batting order the side is out and they take the field.
• Team uniforms may be somewhat inconsistent.
• Coaches do not have to be in uniform.
• Games are 7 innings in length with no supplemental innings due to time and field constraints.
• Use of BBCor bats (baseball)
• In effort to complete games in a reasonable time frame, games are limited to 2 hours. A new inning cannot begin after 1 hr and 45 minutes has passed. However an inning in progress should be completed.
• The mercy rule is in effect. The mercy rule is defined as a team being up by at least 10 runs after 5 innings of play.
• Hale-Ray, Lyme-Old Lyme, North Branford are the only schools with teams
o Game is Best of 3
o Supplemental Game - Best of 3
• Westbrook, Eliot, NB, Old Saybrook and HK only
o Two 25 minute halves
o One supplemental 10 minute period if rosters allow and teams agree